Friday, July 24, 2009

Scouring the Net for Something Fresh Cause It's Friday!!

I was on a mission today to find some creative peeps to speak on and I've found so many that my head's spinning lol. But I decided to narrow things down and focus on two talents that I'm sure'll be in the forefront in no time.

First up is a local gal, straight from the city I'm living in! Meet Leah Bohnet. She's young (in her mid-twenties), lives in Calgary and developed her passion for fashion back in high school. I've scoured her designs on her website http://www.brokendollclothing.com/ and I've gotta say, I love everything! Her designs embrace comfort while making you look like you're the most stylish girl on the planet! I'm a little older than Leah, but what I found refreshing, is that I could seriously wear her any of her designs with confidence (and not feel like I'm trying to look too young lol)


This top is gorgeous! I need to get my hands on one:)









If you're lovin what you see then check out her website or send her an email:
brokendollclothing@hotmail.com



Next up is my music find. Here's a Big-Up to Point Blank representing Toronto to the fullest!



The group is composed of 6 emcees (all born & bread in Toronto's Regent Park - a social housing project). Imperial, Trouble, Stump, Kidd, RPD, Jackal and Pikihed expose their listeners to the experiences they've had growing up in what most of us like to call it "the ghetto".




Their tracks have given me insight and caused me to reflect on topics such as racial profiling, single parent households, poverty, community programs, crime, drug addiction and crooked politicians. The lyrical skillz from all members are amazing and after checking out their myspace page, (http://www.myspace.com/tiltrock) I'm not the only one who's blown away. They've even blazed the stage with hip-hop pioneers like Rakim , KRS-1 , Outkast and Mobb Deep.



I'm gonna cop the album for sure....can't wait to hear what's next.


















life - Point Blank





Born And Raised In The Ghetto (Original Explicit) - Point Blank
So I'm out! Enjoy your Friday......



(Note - Can't wait till tommorrow, cause bright and early, I'll be heading to a community garage sale. I love garage sales, used to go all the time, but I haven't been to one this summer:( So I am soooooo excited. My friend Alyshia and her sis have a lot to sell (including bags & books - my faves), so I'll be sure to take loads of pics~



1luv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...