Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Paying Tribute......

I woke up this morning contemplating what I should write about today. Yeah, I think about blogging all the time, (morning, noon & night) lol. I kinda had a vision but it totally changed as the day wore on.....

For starters, I got an email today with a link to American Apparel.
I'm not a "die-hard" fan or anything, but I do like some of their stuff.
So I checked out the link.....

Well it seems that American Apparel is selling a "Bag of Scraps" - consisting of a collection of cuttings from some of their favorite "fun" fabrics from around the American Apparel factory.

I can't explain it, but I felt compelled to get myself a bag, (sure I could find scraps of fabric around the house for free - but for some reason, I thought the 11.00Cdn for a bag of American Apparel scraps?? - was a steal)





So, I caved in and made a purchase. I mean it even comes with a Zine that includes a couple of projects .....

Can't wait to get it. I've got some ideas already.....

Cause now I'm thinking - some fabric belts would be cool or I could use the scraps to make pockets on some existing skirts of mine. (did I mention how much I love skirts with pockets? - well check out some of these photos)


POCKETS! I LOVE THEM......

Here's some inspiration for some future projects.....

Butterfly Floral & Jumper Dress


Fire Engine Truck Pocket Skirt


Gia Scala Skirt


Winds in the Willows - Earthy Skirt
Next up, before I head on out for the night, I've gotta post a video. It's a Tribute to a wicked female artist who lost her life at such a young age.

Yes, y'all I'm talking about the infamous Aaliyah. RIP girl....you'll never be forgotten


1979 - 2001


4 comments:

  1. wow....

    1 - those fabric ideas are awesome!! cant wait to see what you come up with.

    2 - .... so sad when we think back how short Aaliyahs life was. :(
    that video brought me way back, i cant believe its been that long already.

    3 - i love the music that you post on here. there is an old skool party at the Met on 17th on the Sept long weekend. im going! you should too!!!

    4 - i think about blogging ALL day too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterfly jumper!!! You should sell them (mabey you are?)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mich......
    1. thx for your comment girl! I can't wait to see what I get in that bag! I'm pretty excited and y'all will be the first to have a peek on what I come up with!
    2.Glad my music selection is bringing you back:)
    3. Yes I heard about the old skool jam happenin @ the Met (Sept. long week-end) I went to it a year ago? So, I'll be sure to be there this time around - we will finally meet lol!

    @Christine.....I know the butterfly jumper is so cute. I don't sell them, but click on the link and it should take you to the etsy store where you can grab one for yourself - let me know if the link doesn't work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a great idea from aa - they are a cool brand! i look forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...