Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Just Came Back From A Fab Fashion Show By LARA PRESBER!.....

Happy Thursday peeps!

Hope the week's been going great for everyone, (and if it hasn't....just think the week-end's just around the corner cause it's Friday tomorrow!!!)

Well, a couple of days ago, I told you that I got an invite to a fashion show and trunk sale at 100 Wines....Well tonight was the event and I'm happy that I showed up~

#1. The event's location (100 Wines by David Walker - located at 1109 Olympic Way SE) was a posh spot with a spacious interior. Playing on the "art gallery" vibe; bottles of wine lined three walls with info labels & pricing.



I found this to be a fantastic idea, because the evening included wine "on the house" and the white wine that I enjoyed was absolutely "to die for"........

Thanks to David's genius idea of displaying his wine collection, I discovered that I had been drinking bottle #37; a Cabernet Sauvignon (Charles Smith, 2006)




#2. The hors d'oeurves were scrumptious. My absolute fave was a spinach filled puff pastry that was absolutely amazing. In fact, I was thinking of a scheme to smuggle a handful on my way out. But, I didn't have the guts to do it lol...instead I grabbed two when leaving:)


#3. Prior to the main event, a trunk sale took place. So, you had a chance to browse through Lara Presber's fall collection. It was a great way to get a preview of Lara's talented skills. I had quite a few faves, but found that the photo's that I took, just didn't do the items the justice that it truly deserves.....So I'll only post a photo of one (out of the 4 racks of designs that were available for sale this evening)



#4. The Spring 2010 Fashion show by Lara Presber was fantastic! As I mentioned, the event location was spacious, so even though it was "standing only", my view was perfect. It was an intimate show (without being "too" intimate). We had the pleasure of seeing an array of timeless pieces that would be a wonderful addition to any woman's wardrobe. Although you may not notice this in the photos that I am about to post, the accent buttons, used on these garments are absolutely lovely:)






















Lara Presber's inspiring designs is currently available in select stores in Canada. (Click HERE to visit her site for more info)

However, good news for Calgarians, cause Lara's Flagship store and studio space will be opening December 1, 2009 (that's a tentative date, I might add) in Fashion Central!

I'm out peeps....


2 comments:

  1. Awww, this seems like it would've been an awesome event to attend. A nice relaxing evening filled with wine and fashion! Let me know when the next one is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael....yes the event was awesome! I get invited to shows from time to time, I'll let you know when my next invite is:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...