Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stuck In The Laneway.....But I Had Hip-Hop On My Mind

Well I've already mentioned that there's a whole heap of slushy streets in my city already. So far, I've survived driving through it without getting stuck.....until this evening.

I was making my way through my lane way, just trying to park in my parking spot and as I was about to turn in - you guessed it, I got stuck. Thank goodness it wasn't for long. As I got out of my car, I was thinking that I should open that bag of kitty litter that I just bought to give me a bit of traction. But, all I did was remove some slush around my two front tires. A song popped in my head and voila! I was free!

So what was the song you ask? Well it was nothing other than my man (I mean he should be lol), Common's "The Light"

Yep I was singing "there are times when you need someone........"

I was stuck and I seriously needed someone lol........

Anyhoo, all is good - but I just had to post this video.

Yeah I could have posted the original but I had to post this version:)
(some of y'all may have seen this before - but I think this is wicked! And when a remake is as good as this - then I don't mind watching it again)

Taken from a Hip Hop Karaoke session in Toronto back in 2007 - Enjoy~


FYI peeps. If you live in the Toronto area then you've got to check out Hip-Hop Karaoke Session #36


Date - Friday January 15, 2010
Location - Revival
783 College Street
Time - 9:00pm to 3:00am
$5.00 before 11pm - $10.00 after

Click on the flyer and it'll take you directly to the Hip-Hop Karaoke website (Toronto edition)

Before I go, I just want remind you that the latest Blog Giveaway ends tomorrow!

I will reveal the winner tomorrow afternoon at 8:30pm EST!!!

I wish everyone the best of luck and thanks for all the entries!

Here's you're last chance to get in an additional entry! Just Click HERE. It will take you to the contest page for all the details.

1luv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...