Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday's = Blogger Spotlight

Well the IFB site has done it again! I hooked up with an "up & coming blogger" by the name of Abbie Beck - Cohen, aka Abs. At only 15 years old, she has jumped on the blogging bandwagon to create one that showcases her love for fashion. After visiting her site, I've become intrigued and look forward to seeing the direction it will take. I'm ending the week-end with another Blogger Spotlight, y'all. Straight outta the UK, I'd like to introduce you to the girl behind Fashion Loves You My Dahling




How long have you been blogging?
Not for very long. I can't even remember. My first post is dated 25th November. I remember I didn't tell anybody about my blog at first, I was kind of embarrassed because I'd never had my writing 'out there', for everybody to ogle. Then I was just like 'Mum I've got a blog', she was so proud, emailed the entire family the URL. Yeah, that was kind of embarrassing, but it's nice to be complimented by the ones you love, for doing something you love.

Is "Fashion Loves You My Dahling" your first attempt at blogging?
No actually, but the previous posts and blogs are non existent. I always wanted to try out a blog. Fashion is the only thing I know really, so I used to create posts. I can't even remember what on, I think I made 3 blogs last year and deleted them all. Mainly because I didn't have the interest I have now, and nobody ever looked at my blogs. The only follower I had was myself, so I just deleted them all. Then one day, decided to give it another go, luckily, that time, it worked, and here I am now. Persistence pays off.

Please let my readers know what your blog is all about?
What I love. People that inspire me, people that I find so hideously weird that they need to be written about. Items of clothing I think are gorgeous, boots and shoes I love. I recently wrote a piece on the store Urban Outfitters, giving reasons on why it is the coolest store going. I've written about Beth Ditto - I find her beautifully inspirational. I also like to do interviews and I love causing debates and getting opinions. I wrote a post, exposing Karl Lagerfeld for being the 'fat mummy' hating attention seeker he is. That got some interesting comments. I just love to write I guess.

Many bloggers start up for many reasons, tell me a bit about why you started a blog?
Good question. I was hoping you would ask that. I am an aspiring journalist, living in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Journalistic experience is rare to come by as a 15 year old, I thought 'hmm, how can I get people to read my points of view? How can I get experience and how can I find out what people think of my writing skills?' First thing that popped in to my head,was a blog. So there we are. I do it for experience, to check out the competition in the journalism field and to meet new people, swap ideas and throw around comments and opinions.

What steps have you taken to promote your blog and gain readership?
When I started my blog I was racking my brain to think of ways to get noticed. There are hundreds of blogs out there, how was I going to get spotted? I checked out some fashion blogs on blogger, and followed them. I left comments on their posts and they returned the favour. I joined websites like Bloglovin' and Independent Fashion Bloggers. These websites are cool because they have groups where you can exchange links. Then I started to follow more and more blogs and then I woke up one day and there were 13 followers. That made me smile.

Name one item that you can't live without?
By 'thing' I take it you mean material objects. Family would be something I couldn't live without, but the 'thing' I couldn't live without would be my Blackberry. I am actually addicted. It is by my side 24/7. I got it as a gift for Christmas from my Mum, and I think I'm actually in love with it. I can email, blog, instant message, you name it, I can do it. It's so blooming amazing! I can't remember life without one...and now I sound like an enormous geek don't I...

Do you have any advice for newbies starting out?
Yes I do. Follow. The more people you follow, the more followers you will get. Don't put too much strain on yourself to push out a new post every day, if you do this, it will get harder and harder to write. Just write one up when it comes to you. Sometimes I can go days without posting, but this gives me time to think of a good post, rather than a half arsed post, that has been written for the sake of it. Lastly, enjoy it. Don't be afraid to be a bit controversial, create a talking point, perhaps a debate. Fashion is all about causing a stir. So stir. Catch an eye, get followers and create debate.

A few weeks ago, Abbie's blog had about 13 followers (as she mentioned above). Well this savvy teen is getting noticed. She's increased her followers to 25!! She's definitely gonna be someone to watch out for.

Click HERE to visit her blog~



Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...