Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two Events In One Night!

It's been a long time since I've been as busy as I was last night. I can't believe that I went made it to two events on a Monday, but I did....

I started the evening off at the Nat Christie Centre for the Alberta Fashion Week Media
Reception. I was eager to attend the event to get a sneak peek of the venue. I've lived in Calgary for just over 5yrs. and had never been to this space before. So I was praying that it would be fab.....

My verdict - I really love the space!

The night was cool, I mingled with a few people, had a drink and secretly wished that I hadn't eaten dinner. The hors d'oeuvres(courtesy of Earls) looked so tasty, but I couldn't eat a bite.

I caught up with Anne Corpuz-Bacalso of Anne B. Accessories who happens to be showing on the opening night this Thursday. I initially met her at Fashion Has No Boarders this year and fell in love with her pieces.



Here's a peak at what you might expect to see from her on Thursday night






If you haven't bought your tickets yet, then click the link below:

http://www.albertafashionweek.ca/events

Oh and if you want to get a sneak peak of the venue, feel free to head down to the Nat Christie Centre tomorrow night at 6 PM.

THEN, I headed over to Cafe Koi for the Show & Tell event that I help organize. We had a full roster of artists that night and as the evening wore on the audience began to feel comfortable and started to engage in convo!

This event was such a great way to end my evening - loved discussing fascinating art and meeting the artists behind the piece.

Next and final Show & Tell event before the summer months will be on Monday June 20th


Email me at thecreativemixx@gmail.com if you would like more info.


1luv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...